2019 MSA Quarterly Meeting Dates: June 10, September 9, December 9 The Medical Staff Association (MSA) is an elected body of the Medical Staff and functions in the following ways for the benefit of the Medical Staff:
- Serves in a voting capacity on the Medical Advisory Committee (MAC) and all other Medical Advisory sub-committees.
- Brings forward any resolution passed at a meeting of the Medical Staff to the MAC and or/other sub-committees.
- In the case of disciplinary action taken with respect to an individual member, Medical Staff can avail themselves of assistance from the MSA if they so choose.
- Presides at meetings of the Medical Staff wherein topics of interest to physicians are discussed.
- Collects dues from the Medical Staff that are used towards activities and strategies that benefit the broader Medical Staff community at PHC.
- Provides executive direction for the Providence Health Care Physicians and Surgeons Society (PHC PASS).
Quarterly Medical Staff Meetings
The Medical Staff Association and the members that it represents meet quarterly for the purpose of discussing topics of interest to Medical Staff. You will receive more information about these meetings from your department.
Members of the Active, Provisional and Associate Medical Staff are required to attend at least 50% of the General Staff Meetings in a calendar year. Please refer to PHC Medical Staff Rules.
Bylaws and Rules
New Medical Staff are strongly encouraged to review the PHC Bylaws and Rules for more information about the role of the Medical Staff Association.