PHYSICIAN DIRECTORS & LEADERS
- October 2022: ‘Embraced by Nature’ is the interior design theme for the new hospital. Read>
- October 2022: Watch St. Paul’s Hospital Project + Health System Redesign Town Hall. Watch>
- September 2022: Video: On the ground at the new St. Paul’s Hospital. Watch>
- August 2022: Improving the digital experience for outpatients and their care teams. Read>
- August 2022: Life-changing care sparks involvement in the new St. Paul’s Hospital Design. Read>
- July 2022: Will or won’t the bed fit: our new NICU. Read>
- June 2022: Patient input vital for new St. Paul’s Hospital Design. Read>
- April 2022: Sustainable design for holistic healing. Read >
- April 2022: What goes where in the new hospital. Read >
- March 2022: Cardboard Mock-ups: Testing room design. Read >
- March 2022: One year later, first concrete pour marks start of ‘building’ phase. Read >
- November 2021: St. Paul’s Hospital moves forward with new research centre. Read >
- September 2021: New St. Paul’s Hospital building design and floorplan update. Read >
- August 2021: Ceremonial Blessing for the new St. Paul’s Hospital and Indigenous Wellness and Welcoming Centre. Read >
- August 2021: Talk about the new St. Paul’s Hospital at EngageNSPH.ca. Read >
- July 2021: Business plan approved for the Clinical Support and Research Centre (CSRC). Read >
EngageNSPH.ca to learn more and give input
Find out what’s on each floor of the new hospital
Your top questions answered
What does the new hospital’s design look like?
What changes in care delivery can we expect?
- Expect changes to models of care, service delivery plans, and even operational plans. We want to make real progress in enhancing the health care system for British Columbians so we’re rethinking everything we do. If we just continue to do what we’ve always done, but in a shiny new building, we will have missed the huge opportunity we have – to make big differences in the experience and outcomes for the people we serve! We’ll do this clinical work together and encourage medical staff input.
- Our current program structure will evolve into an Integrated Patient Programs Model.
- Value-based care will be embedded.
What's our progress?
- We entered our ‘building’ phase of the hospital. PCL Construction is pouring floors and pillars for each level of the hospital, starting with the 4-level underground parkade. See progress on the ground.
- We are nearing the finishing line with the hospital's detailed design, and they will be finalized in 2023. Clinical teams will shift to giving input into clinical planning and design.
- The Clinical Support and Research Centre (CSRC) has been approved by the provincial government. The formal search for a Developer continues, followed by detailed design.
What are the timelines?
- The new hospital is expected to open to patients in early 2027.
- We’ll have a better idea of the CSRC’s timelines once a developer has been selected.
What’s our Vision?
- Our Vision is to lead in the delivery of BC’s new model for health care by providing patients with the highest quality, integrated, compassionate and patient-centred care, where and when they need it most. Read more here.
The Results: People Readiness Survey
In 2020 we surveyed Providence Health Care staff and medical staff to better understand how aware people are about the new St. Paul’s Hospital and Health Campus. Full survey results here (PDF) >. Below are the highlights.
Medical staff engagement and the new St. Paul's Hospital: An opportunity like no other.
Physicians and other medical staff have an active role in planning how we will work and care for our patients at the new campus, and to advance ideas that transform how health care services are delivered. To date, we have been involved in thousands of hours of planning for the NSPH to:
- Contribute expertise and experience about patient care and the populations we serve.
- Build on our culture of innovation with tools, ideas and solutions.
- Bring forward small and big ideas in the areas of transformation, integration and innovation.
But our work is far from done. We need physician voices, ideas and leaders to join us. There are many opportunities for you to be a part of it. Read below to find out how.
PHYSICIAN PARTICIPATION: WHY, WHEN, WHAT, HOW
REDEVELOPMENT, TRANSFORMATION & INNOVATION
THE FUTURE OF PATIENT CARE
PHC PHYSICIANS: JOIN US IN OUR WORK TO TRANSFORM OUR FUTURE.
|EXPLORE: The new St. Paul’s Hospital website||WATCH: Rendering of the new campus||READ: Dr. Jeff Pike: Patient experience first|