PHYSICIAN DIRECTORS & LEADERS
- Sept 2023: From soiled to sterile on our new fourth floor. Read >
- Sept 2023: Drone’s-Eye-View: New St. Paul’s Hospital’s First 5 Floors. Read >
- Aug 2023: Art at our new hospital. Read >
- Aug 2023: How COVID-19 changed our new hospital’s design. Read >
- Aug 2023: Outpatient Digital Experience moves ahead with OceanMD. Read >
- Aug 2023: ‘Please count done from ten’ on our new third floor. Read >
- Jul 2023: ‘Hello World’ it’s our new second floor. Read >
- Jul 2023: Welcome to our new main floor. Read >
- Jul 2023: Architect chosen to design the CSRC. Read >
- Jun 2023: Behind the fence at the new St. Paul’s Hospital. Read >
What’s our progress?
- Construction is in full swing! The hospital is starting to rise above the ground, and by the end of the year, the hospital should be to floor seven.
- Hospital building design is at the finish line. Teams are making sure all the final details have been addressed before the hospital is built. Clinical teams are now turning their focus on how they’ll transform the way care is delivered at the new hospital.
- Clinical Support and Research Centre (CSRC) – Join a design working group! Seeking medical staff to participate in CSRC design through working groups that will actively shape the CSRC’s medical/clinical spaces: kicking off in Nov/Dec. E-mail Contact CSRC Project Manager firstname.lastname@example.org by Oct. 6 to participate or learn more about the project and CSRC leasing options. Learn more>
Inside the new St. Paul’s Hospital
Tour the new St. Paul’s Hospital Mock Rooms (Video)
- Click here to see more mock room video tours, including spaces like an inpatient room, Critical Care patient room, NICU, OR, and much more.
Find out what’s on each floor of the new hospital
Your top questions answered
What does the new hospital’s design look like?
What changes in care delivery can we expect?
- Expect changes to models of care, service delivery plans, and even operational plans. We want to make real progress in enhancing the health care system for British Columbians so we’re rethinking everything we do. If we just continue to do what we’ve always done, but in a shiny new building, we will have missed the huge opportunity we have – to make big differences in the experience and outcomes for the people we serve! We’ll do this clinical work together and encourage medical staff input. Click here to learn more about Health System Redesign.
- Our current program structure will evolve into an Integrated Patient Programs Model.
- Value-based care will be embedded.
What are the timelines?
- The new hospital is expected to open to patients in early 2027.
- Planning for the CSRC is underway. Read the latest update here.
What’s our Vision?
- Our Vision is to lead in the delivery of BC’s new model for health care by providing patients with the highest quality, integrated, compassionate and patient-centred care, where and when they need it most. Read more here.
Medical staff engagement and the new St. Paul’s Hospital: An opportunity like no other.
Physicians and other medical staff have an active role in planning how we will work and care for our patients at the new campus, and to advance ideas that transform how health care services are delivered. To date, we have been involved in thousands of hours of planning for the NSPH to:
- Contribute expertise and experience about patient care and the populations we serve.
- Build on our culture of innovation with tools, ideas and solutions.
- Bring forward small and big ideas in the areas of transformation, integration and innovation.
But our work is far from done. We need physician voices, ideas and leaders to join us. There are many opportunities for you to be a part of it. Read below to find out how.
PHYSICIAN PARTICIPATION: WHY, WHEN, WHAT, HOW
REDEVELOPMENT, TRANSFORMATION & INNOVATION
THE FUTURE OF PATIENT CARE
PHC PHYSICIANS: JOIN US IN OUR WORK TO TRANSFORM OUR FUTURE.
|EXPLORE: The new St. Paul’s Hospital website||WATCH: Rendering of the new campus||READ: Dr. Jeff Pike: Patient experience first|