PHC Cerner Learner Newsletter
Read the Latest Edition:
- May 1, 2021 – New Results Flag, Antibiotics Flowsheet View, Bandaid Troubleshooting
- May 15, 2021- CC Providers on Notes, Updated Diet Orders, Mental Health Act Forms, Ordering Labs to be drawn at HD
- June 1, 2021- Order Hygiene, Adding Medication Lists to Notes, Updating PCP and other Patient Information, Reviewing Allergies
- June 15, 2021- External Labs and Documenting Goals of Care Discussions
- July 1, 2021- Interventional Radiology Labs Ordering, Consults Vs Referrals, and Merge and Filter Functions
- July 15, 2021 – Handover Tool, Results Refusals, Proxies, and Demographics Autotext
- August 1, 2021- Adding Problems, Document Filters, Provider Informatics Contact
- Aug 15, 2021 – Call Schedules, Quick Orders Customization, and Discontinuing Powerplans
- Sept 17, 2021-External Notes Distribution, Tips for Searching for Clinics, Update Patient Information
- Oct 26, 2021- Opening multiple charts, Appointments tab, Referrals
- Dec 17, 2021- CST Priorities, Spine Precautions, and a Special Holiday Mystery
We want to hear from you! Provide your feedback on the PHC Cerner Learner Here>
Sign Up for Peer to Peer Mentoring- Help a Colleague!
When it comes to the day-to-day use of Cerner in your clinical area, no one knows better than you regarding what you actually need to know to get through your day. Share that knowledge with a colleague! Whether it’s a new medical staff in your discipline or someone returning from leave who needs a refresher, ‘physician to physician’ is the best way to ensure that we are teaching what needs to be learned.
If you are willing to provide a 1-to-1 ‘crash course’ session for a colleague in your area who would benefit, please sign up online here>. You will be contacted when we have a need that matches with your knowledge area(s). Funding at standard sessional rates will be provided for your time.
|Project Information (Transformation Central): http://our.CSTproject.ca/phc|
|Front-End Speech Recognition (FESR) training: http://bit.ly/FESRFlex-PHC|
|Project Contact: PHC-CST@providencehealth.bc.ca|
QUESTIONS? If you have questions about the project and what it will mean for your clinical practice, reach out to your department/division provider champion (list below) or to the Senior Medical Director for CST Implementation.
|Dr. Charles Lo
Senior Medical Director – CST Implementation
|Dr. Janet Simons
Co-Medical Director, Clinical Informatics
Providence’s CST provider champions are assigned to each clinical area and are supporting us in the following ways:
- Working with clinical informatics specialists to represent PHC colleagues in clinical specialties for design and validation work
- Communicating needs and concerns of clinical groups with the CST project team
- Sharing CST project updates/information at division or department meetings and directly with peers
- Contributing to critical pre go-live activities
- Helping lead CST Cerner demonstrations, skills sharpeners, dress rehearsals, and inform provider learning curriculum
- Providing on-site support for physicians and other providers during the go-live period