Have questions or issues with Cerner? Ways to access support:
Want help finding an order in Cerner? Try the Cerner Lookup Tool
Dr. Janet Simons and the PHC Emergent Technology team have developed a tool that will help PHC physicians find Cerner orders faster. The tool currently has 2,800 abbreviation and variation entries for order names, and you can help expand it by submitting suggestions.
Click here to try the tool, read the user guide and suggest additional entries.
After that, click here to complete a three-question survey about the tool.
Updates and Tips: PHC Cerner Learner Newsletter
Read the Latest Editions:
- May 1, 2021 – New Results Flag, Antibiotics Flowsheet View, Bandaid Troubleshooting
- May 15, 2021- CC Providers on Notes, Updated Diet Orders, Mental Health Act Forms, Ordering Labs to be drawn at HD
- June 1, 2021- Order Hygiene, Adding Medication Lists to Notes, Updating PCP and other Patient Information, Reviewing Allergies
- June 15, 2021- External Labs and Documenting Goals of Care Discussions
- July 1, 2021- Interventional Radiology Labs Ordering, Consults Vs Referrals, and Merge and Filter Functions
- July 15, 2021 – Handover Tool, Results Refusals, Proxies, and Demographics Autotext
- August 1, 2021- Adding Problems, Document Filters, Provider Informatics Contact
- Aug 15, 2021 – Call Schedules, Quick Orders Customization, and Discontinuing Powerplans
- Sept 17, 2021-External Notes Distribution, Tips for Searching for Clinics, Update Patient Information
- Oct 26, 2021- Opening multiple charts, Appointments tab, Referrals
- Dec 17, 2021- CST Priorities, Spine Precautions, and a Special Holiday Mystery
- Jan 12, 2022-Finding Documents and Orders, New Patient Discharge Medication List
- March 2022- BCWH Go Live, Progress Note Update, Message Center Personalization, and TSDM Powerform
- April 2022- Search Tips, Results Comments, and Attending Physician Display
- May 2022- Discharge Documentation, Custom Quick Orders, and Powerplan Favourites
- Summer 2022- Message Center Tips and Mental Health Act Documentation>
We want to hear from you! Provide your feedback on the PHC Cerner Learner Here>
Sign Up for Peer to Peer Mentoring- Help a Colleague!
When it comes to the day-to-day use of Cerner in your clinical area, no one knows better than you regarding what you actually need to know to get through your day. Share that knowledge with a colleague! Whether it’s a new medical staff in your discipline or someone returning from leave who needs a refresher, ‘physician to physician’ is the best way to ensure that we are teaching what needs to be learned.
If you are willing to provide a 1-to-1 ‘crash course’ session for a colleague in your area who would benefit, please sign up online here>. You will be contacted when we have a need that matches with your knowledge area(s). Funding at standard sessional rates will be provided for your time.
|Project Information (Transformation Central): http://our.CSTproject.ca/phc|
|Front-End Speech Recognition (FESR) training: http://bit.ly/FESRFlex-PHC|
|Project Contact: PHC-CST@providencehealth.bc.ca|
QUESTIONS? If you have questions about the project and what it will mean for your clinical practice, reach out to your department/division provider champion (list below) or to the Senior Medical Director for CST Implementation.
|Dr. Charles Lo
Senior Medical Director – CST Implementation
|Dr. Janet Simons
Co-Medical Director, Clinical Informatics
Providence’s CST provider champions are assigned to each clinical area and are supporting us in the following ways:
- Working with clinical informatics specialists to represent PHC colleagues in clinical specialties for design and validation work
- Communicating needs and concerns of clinical groups with the CST project team
- Sharing CST project updates/information at division or department meetings and directly with peers
- Contributing to critical pre go-live activities
- Helping lead CST Cerner demonstrations, skills sharpeners, dress rehearsals, and inform provider learning curriculum
- Providing on-site support for physicians and other providers during the go-live period