Providence Health Care 7-Year Strategic Planning
Spring 2019 update for Medical Staff
At the March 4 Medical Staff Meeting, Ms. Deborah Mitchell, Vice President, Seniors Care, Organizational Strategy & Partnerships updated physicians about progress and plans of PHC’s 7-year strategy.
“It’s been a real pleasure to have worked so closely with Drs Neil [Wells], with Martin [Trotter], with Ron [Carere], with members of MSAC to go through this process. It’s been a very collaborative process, which makes it feel like a plan that everyone at PHC will feel connected to.” – Deborah Mitchell
November- December 2018
- PHC held engagement activities across the organization to define the future state to understand what people really want to see for their organization seven years from now.
- Physicians have been involved throughout the process (see below) including to put forward a number of strategic priorities (read here)
January – March 2019
- PHC worked with a team of senior leaders, including clinical, physician, research and administrative senior leadership, to take the engagement results as well as all the other inputs to develop the strategic directions, supporting goals and foundational principles.
- All of the input has now been compiled and analysed. Clinical, physician, research and corporate and administrative managers and leaders are working together to identify what first steps need to be focused on in the first two years of the plan.
- The foundational principles, finalized strategic directions and seven year goals for each will be rolled out across the organization.
- Work will start to develop program and department level plans to all pull towards the same seven year goals and outcomes.
- Goals will translated into actionable steps: ‘what does it mean for me and my program and my service?’
- Physicians will continue to be engaged in this process in departments and divisions, and will link together the new plan with many of the ideas that physicians put forward last fall. Other ideas will continue to be explored by Facility Engagement.
- More to come. Meanwhile, stay up to date at Bloom.