First launched in 2020 in Vancouver Coastal Health, we are pleased to announce that the Medical Practitioners Occupational Safety and Health (mPOSH) program is now available to all medical staff at Providence Health Care:
- Provides confidential medical support for medical staff who have witnessed, or are impacted by a communicable disease or other health or safety concern in the workplace.
- Staffed entirely by physicians and medical residents trained in Occupational Medicine, Public Health and Preventive Medicine, and Family Medicine.
- Available to all medical staff: Midwives, Nurse Practitioners and Physicians.
How to access mPOSH
- Available by e-mail 24/7 – firstname.lastname@example.org
- Responses occur Monday to Saturday from 8:00 AM – 8:00 PM
What does mPOSH do?
mPOSH works closely with Public Health, Prevention and Control (IPAC), and Occupational Health and Safety, to support medical staff who have communicable disease concerns.