Register yourself or a team now!
Get together with colleagues and join Providence’s blood drive this holiday season running December 1 to 12 to win prizes and save lives!
From December 1 to 12, we encourage staff, medical staff, researchers and volunteers to join the Providence team in donating blood or plasma. Giving back to our community is a key part of our Mission and Values at Providence.
Canada needs 100,000 new blood donors this year to ensure patients’ needs will be met and your donation could help save a life this holiday season.
Grab your colleagues and donate as a team or on your own. Be one of the first 50 donors and receive a Providence-branded tote bag and your very own sustainable cutlery set. The first 100 donors will also receive a retractable lanyard reel and pen.
To join the Providence team:
- Visit https://www.blood.ca/en or download the GiveBlood app to your mobile device.
- Sign in or create an account at ca/PFL
- Once signed in, select ‘Partners’ from the left navigation pane, then ‘Join an Existing Team’
- Search for ‘Providence Health – Vancouver’ or ‘PROV324277’’
- Hit ‘Join the team’!
Book an appointment for yourself:
- Log into your https://www.blood.ca/en account online or use the GiveBlood app.
- From the left navigation pane, select ‘Book appointment’
- Search for a location near you and select a date and time that works for you
- Take a 2-minute quiz to find out if you’re eligible to donate or call 1 888 2 DONATE (1-888-236-6283). Read about eligibility requirements as they have recently changed.
Providence has also reserved appointment times at the Downtown Vancouver, Oak Street and Surrey donor centres between December 1 to 12.
*You must book into one of these appointment times to hold your spot*
- Log into your ca account, online or using the GiveBlood app.
- From the left navigation pane, select ‘Partners’ then ‘View Team’ for Providence Health – Vancouver.
- Scroll to the bottom of the page to ‘Team Appointments’ and book your desired date and location!
To book an appointment for your team (2+ people)
* A shuttle can be arranged to transport your team from work to the donor centre*
- Contact Craig Nielsen – email@example.com – Canadian Blood Services Community Development Manager – Vancouver
What to expect at the appointment
the average appointment takes approximately one hour, which includes check-in, donation and post-donation wait time. Check with your supervisor if you are booking an appointment during the work day.
Or contribute in other ways!
If you can’t donate blood or plasma, there are other ways to join us: you can register for the stem cells or organs and tissues donor registry, volunteer, or make a financial donation. Everyone who contributes to Providence’s 12 Days of Giving campaign from December 1 to 12 will be entered in a random draw for a chance to win prizes.
Every contribution helps! Download the poster and help spread the word among your colleagues about the campaign.