Providence in the Park
Hey Everyone! We are planning for a strong Physician presence at Providence in the Park – Saturday April 27!
The PHC Mission Team at Oppenheimer Park will be handing out gently used clothing, blankets, toiletries, healthy snacks and nutritional bagged lunches to Downtown Eastside residents.
Physician volunteers needed!
Two ways to be involved:
- Volunteer your time
Two options for donations:
- Donate Money (we will purchase toiletry kits, hats & gloves, etc.)
- Donate items (new socks & underwear, winter clothing/coats/hats/gloves, blankets/sleeping bags, reusable shopping bags, toiletry kits: toothbrush/paste, travel sized soap/shampoo/conditioner, razor – all inside a zip-lock bag)
Two opportunities to donate:
- Bring your money $$ to the quarterly MSA Meeting on Monday March 4, 2019 (we’ll take care of the rest!)
- Donate after the Meeting: contact Dr. Karen Dallas (Lab Med) or Dr. Julia Raudzus (Psych) directly if you want your donation to be recognized as coming from PHC Medical Staff!
Finally, VOLUNTEER your time to help out at the event itself on Saturday, April 27! Main opportunities are:
- Set-up for the event (arrive at Oppenheimer Park approx 9:45am)
- Distribution of clothing, kits, lunches
- Clean-up crew to wrap up the event (starting approx 1:30pm)
Let’s have a strong Physician presence there! We ARE Providence!
Dr. Karen L. Dallas, MDCM, FRCPC
Divison Head, Hematopathology & Transfusion Medicine
St. Paul’s Hospital – Providence Health Care