November 21 @ 5:30 pm - 6:30 pm
Making Stress Leave Less Stressful: An event for medical staff
- This event has passed.
Tuesday, November 21
Presented by the Providence Health Care Physicians & Surgeons Society (PHC-PASS) and the People Pillar Medical Staff Advisory Committee
Join us! for a physician-led discussion of factors affecting medical staff stress leave.
- Dr. Vishal Varshney, Consultant Physician Lead, People Pillar, Providence Health Care Physicians & Surgeons Society (PHC-PASS)
- Dr. Daisy Dulay, Medical co-lead for Specialist Services Committee Spreading Quality Improvement (SQI) & Medical Director of Patient Safety and Quality, Island Health
- Dr. Tanya Fairweather, Worksafe BC Medical Advisor, Mental Health Claims Unit
- Ms. Tam Akey, Director, Occupational Health & Safety, Providence Health Care
- address the stigma of medical staff taking medical leave amidst moral injury
- highlight supports for medical staff leave, from a professional, financial and personal standpoint
- discuss opportunities for developing health authority occupational health and safety resources for medical staff