PHC leads with compassion, and ensuring the care of our Medical Staff is an ongoing accountability across the organization. For resources to support physician health, please visit the following:
Resources for medical staff beyond medical-legal assistance and provides advisory services in addressing stress. View resources >
Supporting in BC: Practicing Physicians | Retired Physicians | Residents | Medical Students | Family Members
Services available for physicians, trainees and family members
- 24/7 confidential helpline with crisis counselling for callers, any time of day or night.
- Short-term counselling from a network of clinical counsellors who are trained and experienced in supporting physicians.
- Referrals to specialized coaches and therapists to address specific challenges and needs.
- Help supporting a physician you are concerned about
Services available for physicians and trainees only
- Peer Support – direct, confidential physician-to-physician help with personal or professional issues.
- Connection to a family physician if you do not have one.
- Transitions back to work or school
- Occupational health consultations
- Strengthening Workplace Relationships