QI Initiative Funding Submission Intake: Jan 7 – Feb. 15, 2019
Don’t miss out! Applications now open for Physician Led Quality Improvement
Is there something at work that needs to be improved? Do you have ideas but need support? Do you want to lead change and innovation? If yes, Physician Led Quality Improvement (PLQI) can help.
- Application are now open for Cohort 3 of PLQI.
- Physicians are invited to submit a QI idea for consideration until February 15, 2019.
- Physicians with any level of QI experience and training are eligible.
For more information, download the PLQI Intake information sheet.
How to apply:
- At this point we are asking for a description of the problem or a need to be addressed, in 250 words or less.
- Once completed, PLQI staff members will be in touch to discuss next steps.
Why apply and what do you get?
An opportunity for:
- in-depth learning about quality improvement (QI) theory and tools, and
- an opportunity to conduct your own QI project.
PLQI provides participants with:
- sessional funding
- advanced QI training
- mentorship, and
- technical resources.
QI training topics include:
- Model for Improvement – plan do study act
- Ethics in QI
- Project management
- Considering Cause and Effect: Driver Diagrams, Ishikawa, 5Whys
- Human Side of Change – Stakeholder Engagement, Patients, Colleagues, Administration, Leadership, Public
- Data planning and testing Changes
- QI Communications
- Team Work & Communication
- Sustaining and Spreading Improvement
What is PLQI?
The PHC and VCH Physician-Led Quality Improvement initiative is designed to address gaps in quality structures relating to physician participating in QI activities. SSC Quality Improvement Initiative>
Interested in other physician-led QI activities across BC?To see other QI-related activities, browse the Specialist Services Committee (SSC) directory of physician-led QI projects across the province. Access it here