Medical Staff Opportunities
Medical Staff Engagement at Providence
- Since 2016 the PHC Physicians and Surgeons Society, our MSA and senior PHC leaders have been fostering an engaged medical staff culture at PHC through the SSC Facility Engagement Initiative.
- Thanks to the efforts and enthusiasm of so many colleagues, we have come a long way to build a collective, respected voice of influence for patient care and our workplace.
- In fall 2022, medical staff will have opportunities to decide how we continue and sustain our engagement work moving forward.
- In the meantime, you can learn about and celebrate our achievements in a new publication at this website address: PHCMedstaff.ca/engage
MEDICAL STAFF EVENT: Thursday June 23, Celebrating quality improvement at Providence 9am to 3 pm,St. Paul’s Hospital Cafeteria
- 11am-noon –Dr. Peter Dodek and PHC’s CEO Ms. Fiona Dalton and other guest panelists will lead an interactive walk through of the 24 unique project posters. posters will be up all day for viewing.
- From Noon- 1PM: See presentations from the Top 3 CQI projects.
- Attendees will also have the opportunity to vote for a”People’s Choice Award”.
MEDICAL STAFF EVENT: Innovation Ecosystem Workshop Wednesday July 6 – 5:00-6:30 pm (via Zoom)
- Further your understanding and influence of the Innovation Ecosystem operating model and activities to enhance PHC’s innovation culture.
- Learn about the Innovation Ecosystem’s mindset, method and means, with examples of aligned work. Register at phcmedstaff.ca home page
Other New Items
- Patient Virtual Health Support Desk: Extended hours and a new name
The Patient Virtual Healthcare Tech Support desk (formerly the Citizen Support Help Desk) is now available weekdays 7:00-19:00 and Saturdays 10:00-14:00. During those times, patients can call 1-844-442-4433 (toll-free) for technical support for Zoom and BC Virtual Visit.
- New Cerner Lookup Tool is available to help PHC physicians find Cerner orders faster. The tool currently has 2,800 abbreviation and variation entries for order names, and you can help expand it by submitting suggestions. To access go to: PHCmedstaff.ca/cst