COVID-19 Through A Quality Lens: Community of Physicians Prove Together is Better
- This event has passed.
When the COVID-19 pandemic began in March 2020, the Ridge Meadows Division of Family Practice moved at rapid speed to help community family practices, speciality clinics and walk-in clinics practice safely. Soon after, local specialists also sought help and the Division adapted its support strategies to include their needs and perspectives. It quickly learned what “better together” meant in a new reality as its community of physicians came together to develop creative and urgent response strategies for patients and the medical community at large.
In this webinar, you will learn how the community of physicians at the Ridge Meadows Division of Family Practice:
- Connected through weekly “Division Hang Nights” & “Doc to Doc Hotlines” with daily COVID-19 bulletins
- Launched its first ever Physician Pop-Up Clinic
- Benefited from a community-wide COVID-19 Supplies Drive
- Increased patient services to both attached and un-attached patient populations
COVID-19 Through a Quality Lens is a series of distinct webinars, each one highlighting important learning that has emerged from a quality perspective during the health care response to the pandemic. As the province prepares for a potential second wave of COVID-19, the series aims to mobilize critical knowledge and enhance the understanding of the new normal moving forward.
Speakers from different areas of the health care system will share several insights around the impacts of COVID-19 in their respective areas of care, including:
- Challenges that emerged as a result of the pandemic
- How any changes in the system impacted the quality of care
- What improvements to care were realized
- What improvements can be sustained and widespread
Dr. Kamalpreet Dhillon,
Physician Lead PCN & UPCC & COVID-19 Lead, Division Strategic Advisory Committee Member
Dr. Frank Ervin,
Regional Division Head, Respirology
Executive Director Ridge Meadows Division of Family Practice
Past Webinars (recordings now available)
Sign up / watch here>