Enhanced staff and public Wi-Fi now at St. Paul’s Hospital
When: Started on December 13, 2018.
Why: Enhanced services for continued patient care needs and preparation for successful deployment of Clinical and Systems Transformations (CST).
- Higher quality, better coverage, high speed Wi-Fi to PHC.
- PHC workstations and medical devices will connect automatically.
- PHC- issued smartphones and authorized personal devices for work can connect to VCH-Staff using your PHC login credentials.
- Eduroam will also be more widely available across SPH for those with university affiliation.
- Free basic and premium paid Public Wi-Fi also being introduced to SPH to support patients, residents, visitors, and staff personal use.
How to prepare:
- Review the resources below or visit the IMITS Infocentre. (Access via the PHC system.)
- Watch for information updates.
Beyond SPH: Enhanced Wi-Fi will be expanded to all PHC sites as infrastructure becomes ready.
- Mount Saint Joseph and Holy Family hospitals are tentatively scheduled for early 2019
- Activation for remaining sites will be communicated as available.