Our new strategic plan is here!
MISSION: FORWARD sets out foundational principles and high-level strategic directions, supported by aspirational goals, to help chart our organization’s way forward over the next seven years. Read all about it:
The goals are just the start of actions and a way to organize our efforts moving forward. Conversations continue to bring the plan to life and apply it in a practical way to our daily work. Physician leadership is working to map key physician priorities to the plan and define department / division-specific actions.
June 2019 Update: Determining what we need to accomplish in 2019/20 to advance our strategic direction’s seven-year goals
Clinical, physician and corporate leaders have been working together to identify the most important work to happen over next two years to move us towards our goals, and to develop a list of first-year accomplishments that will guide the actions we need to get right in our first year.
- This collection of work takes into consideration what we know about our current organizational capacity, available budget, our in-flight priorities and the window of time we’ve given ourselves to complete these actions.
- This not meant to be an exhaustive list of all the work going on in the organization. It is meant instead to highlight the main things we are striving to accomplish to advance towards our 7-year goals.
- Essentially, what are the jobs that need to be done today to get us to where we want to be tomorrow?
As part of this work, Medical Staff leadership is:
1. Seeking a physician lead for each of the four strategic directions
- Expressions of interest now accepted for these funded positions. Information here> (June 20, 2019)
2. Developing metrics
- Forming working groups
- Formulating “SMART” objectives and identifying appropriate metrics
3. Piloting processes with the Surgery Program
- Collaboration with Program Physician Director and Program Director
- Test framework for discussions “what does this mean for our program/division?”
- Leverage division structure and Dept. of Orthopedics
More about the Surgery Program Pilot and beyond
Through June and July 2019, the Surgery Program is piloting a collaborative approach to co-develop a plan with Physician Program Director (PPD) and Program Director (PD) support. This will produce a standardized approach/template to support other collaborative program/ department/ service planning, that is supported by cross-functional teams from strategic planning, performance improvement and decision support.
- Facilitated meetings with each surgery division will start in June.
- This standardized approach will be rolled out over the course of the next year.
- Areas that are ready can get started on their planning right away: please contact Josephine Jung, Corporate Director, Strategic Management (email: JJung2@providencehealth.bc.ca) for support to provide a framework for these discussions.
- Areas that are currently stretched thin can choose to start later, when the space and time presents to be purposeful in their planning.
Examples of how some of the priorities put forward by physicians apply to the strategic plan: